Sunday, November 29, 2009

Barefooted Readers


It's a rainy day in our new found home of Takaka, NZ, and our entire camp commune has migrated to the public library for the day. 40 new friends can be seen snoring on the window seat, reading the books we've been suggesting to eachother over the last few sunny days, writing in our journals, and talking with our far away loved ones in roughly eight respective languages...

But best of all is the pile of shoes outside the library door. Shoes of all sizes and colors, from my green Keens, Danielle's Uggs, Megan's hemp Simple Boots, and Christy's beloved Chacos, to the rain boots of the various kiddos running around the Children's Section that I write you from. These librarians run a tight ship, and so we're all gladly following the rules, leaving our muddy shoes at the door and flaunting our bare feet and socks.

Awe, New Zealand.

2 comments:

  1. I can just see your shoes... your love offering to the international sampling of footwear. Ah those chockos... I know them well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girls. Thanks for making my last few days in NZ amazing (and for helping me clean my flat). I got home safely after only a 17 and a half hour layover in the LA airport, so you can stop worrying like mothers and continue with your lives. Where are you all headed after Christchurch? Keep posting the good stuff and I'll help you rack up some comments! I hope the rest of your super-long trip is excellent. Talk to you girls soon, and hopefully see you state-side!

    ReplyDelete